The critical role that the UK’s air ambulances play in our national life cannot be emphasised enough. Providing emergency medical functions and patient transport between specialist centres, the organisations operating the helicopters and aircraft that routinely save lives are also unfortunately often precariously funded.
Every donation, then, makes a real difference to the effectiveness of the services air ambulance charities can provide to people in acute need.
This helps explain our own close commitment to supporting such charities here at Transport Planning Associates. Our offices help no fewer than six local air ambulance charities to continue doing their sterling and urgently required work, with our business having donated to each and every one of them this year.
Which air ambulance charities does TPA support?
Our local offices have donated to the following charities operating air-ambulance services in 2022; if you would like to make your own financial contribution to one of these air ambulances, please follow the below links.
- East Anglian Air Ambulance, which helps save lives by air and road across Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, and Bedfordshire on a 24/7 basis
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, which specialises in the provision of pre-hospital emergency medical services to people in Essex, Hertfordshire, and the surrounding areas
- Great Western Air Ambulance, which provides critical care and air ambulance services across Bristol, Bath, North East Somerset, North Somerset, Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire, and parts of Wiltshire
- London’s Air Ambulance, which delivers an advanced trauma team, with their considerable experience and expertise, to the most seriously injured patients in London
- North West Air Ambulance, which has a crew delivering specialist and enhanced pre-hospital care to critically ill and injured people around the north west of England, covering such areas as Cheshire, Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, and Merseyside
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance, which provides medical assistance within minutes to critically ill and injured patients around Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, and Oxfordshire
In the case of many such organisations, it is often only the financial support lent by the wider public that effectively keeps them airborne and providing their life-saving services across the areas of the country that they serve.
None of us can ever be entirely sure if – or when – we might require the services of air ambulance staff. This is one more reason why we are so proud here at Transport Planning Associates to go beyond what might be considered our ‘bread and butter’ services as transport planning consultants, by contributing to the funding of services none of us can ever take for granted.
Would you like to learn more about the solutions and know-how we can provide in relation to your own project? If so, please don’t hesitate to contact your nearest TPA office for more information and guidance on our end-to-end service.