A Sustainable Future for Vermont: Advancing Innovative Policy
Please join the Vermont Green Building Network (VGBN) for our spring networking event at VEIC in Burlington on Wednesday, June 5th.
This event will begin with a networking reception complete with appetizers, ice cream, and a cash bar. We will then hear from five inspirational speakers giving the latest updates on how Vermont is reducing dependency on fossil fuels while supporting stronger, healthier communities.
You will hear from leaders at Efficiency Vermont, Vermont Public Interest Research Group (VPIRG), UVM’s Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources, Encore Renewable Energy, and Vermont Energy and Climate Action Network (VECAN). A Q+A will follow the presentations. The topics and speakers are:
- "The Role of Efficiency Vermont in a Changing, Cleaner Energy Landscape" with Rebecca Foster, Director of Efficiency Vermont
- "All about The ESSEX Plan: A Vermont-specific strategy to spur economic growth, reduce energy costs, and help the state meet its climate commitments" with Tom Hughes, Energy Independent Director at Vermont Public Interest Research Group (VPIRG)
- "UVM Rubenstein School of the Environment and Natural Resource's Net Zero Energy Plan" with Gary Hawley, Environmental Sciences and Forestry faculty member in the Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
- "Brownfields to Brightfields: Turning Liabilities into Assets and Providing Preferred Sites for the Energy Transition" with Chad Farrell, Founder/CEO of Encore Renewable Energy
- "The Role of Communities and Policy in Meeting the State's Statutory GHG Goals, as well as our 90 by 2050 Total Renewable Energy Goal" with Johanna Miller, Energy and Climate Program Director at Vermont Natural Resources Council (VNRC) and Coordinator of Vermont Energy & Climate Action Network (VECAN)
Free for VGBN members*** | $12 for non-members.
***To join VGBN as a member, please visit: http://www.vtgreenbuildingnetwork.org/community/become-a-member/